Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lesson From The Bookshelf

       I was in duty in the library of Manila Baptist School of Theology when I found a wonderful truth about God's justification. That was summer vacation. I was cleaning the bookshelves as well as the books. I have to remove the dust from the shelves and books using wet cloth and dry cloth respectively. I started to clean the top most division of the shelf down to the last division. And I realized that the cleaning must start at the top most because if I will start at the bottom part, the dirt from the next top level will fall to the bottom again and again.

      What I have learned to this experience is that removing the stain of sin in man's soul cannot be done by man. Even man can do the things over and over still the stain of sin will not be removed. Man's action is fall short. The cleansing is from above. It will start from above down to the very bottom. It is God who can justify man. It is from God above by which man can be cleansed from all his impurities. Man has no contribution in in cleansing of his soul because of sin. If justification is monergestic (God alone can justify) sanctification is also monergestic. The action of cleansing will never begin nor any contribution from below but from above. Like Adam and Eve tried to cover their shame by their own way using the fig leaves, God removed the cover and clothed them made by the skin of an animal which is the very picture of Jesus' righteousness.    

No comments: