Saturday, May 11, 2013

My First Mission Trip

     April 22-24, 2013 was my first mission trip held in Mansalay, Mindoro Oriental. A few weeks before the appointed date, the desire to join the mission trip was there but I do not have enough money for my transportation. That time, me and and my wife were both no source of income because we resigned from the school where we teach. The money that I earned in tutorial was not enough. But God in the richness of His glory provided double of the amount I am needing for the transportation for His mission. He used believers and even unbelievers to support my transportation allowance. I remember how the Lord provides for Elijah that even the scrooge raven used by God to attend the needs of His servant Elijah. My heart was praising and still in awe of God's unfathomable grace. God will provide for the need whom He called for such a wonderful task.declaring the message of hope and salvation. 

      The first day during the trip, a woman whom the Lord had sent  to serve us in our meal during the travel reminded me of being the servant of the servants of God. That was a great reminder for me as God's servant that I must be the least in order to render service for the people of God. This woman had expressed the sincerity of her service to God by serving us throughout the mission and even to the last minute we say good-byes to each other. The unconditional service for God and His mission had been highly recommended to whom who wanted to serve God.

    During the mission, I see the imperfections of the servants. I, myself was so imperfect in carrying the responsibilities assigned to me. But the Lord's made everything perfect through the power of the Holy Spirit who guided us in everything we do especially in witnessing. His provided us wisdom how to fix things according to what He wanted to accomplish. The unity of the team rests on God's power. He made us sensitive to the things that we need to do and each of one helped one another to accomplish God's mission. God had oriented us to what task He wanted us to do. He gave us compassion towards lost souls of the young people. 

      During the games I have learned a lot. One learning is that I must not depend on my strength. In the game tug-of-war three persons won against four persons. To be honest even in simple things is encouraged by every game that was played. I also learned during our travel in the sea. I realized that separation of lands because of large bodies of water will never ever frustrate God's commission of preaching the Gospel. Nothing can hinder of God's plan to proclaim the message that brings salvation to the lost souls. 

      During the last day of the mission we experienced the life of a  fisherman. It reminded me of Peter when he encounter Jesus. When we joined the fishermen in pulling the net out of the water I remember Peter of leaving everything to follow Christ. I have felt what Peter had felt. I leave my comfort zone, my family even for a while, and my source of income just to follow Him who called me. It is not easy but very rewarding having a privilege to serve the Lord and Lord's people. 

       I praise God for such a wonderful experience of mission. I am thanking Him for His revelation that he revealed to me that Jesus Christ must be exalted in my life by being a servant. This mission encouraged me to preach the Gospel all the more. The report from one brother in Mindoro is a great  motivation to continue to love and join the mission.



       

        
          


No comments: